After over forty years in the real estate and property world and observing what goes on in the real estate industry, I felt so strongly about this that I wrote a book about it and I am pleased o say that it has resulted in many people following the steps and achieving a top result.
The book is called ‘The 7 Deadly Sins when selling your property’ and of course there are seven very important steps that a seller/vendor needs to take to ensure the best result.
The 7 chapters in the book are:
Pricing your property
Preparing the property for sale
Choosing an agent
Method of sale / strategy
Marketing & advertising
The fee for service
Why sell your property
If you follow the advice given you cannot go wrong.
The easier way is to use the services of a Vendor Advocate, as this does not add or increase your costs and in fact will actually reduce the costs.
So who is a Property/Vendor Advocate?
Advocacy in the area of selling property is the guiding, advising and assisting sellers/vendors of property through the process to make it easy and stress free.
In simple terms you select your vendor advocate and he will assist you right through to the end by advising about;
1. How the property is presented for sale and any repairs or sprucing up required and even arrange the tradespeople for you.
2. Advise and arrange to furnish and decorate the property if it is vacant and this is required.
3. Advise and assist with the choosing of which agent (critical).
4. Advise with the choice and costs of the marketing program.
5. Advise regarding the choice of the method of sale.
6. He will be the person liaising with the selected agent and advising you right through and then be involved with the negotiation for the selling price, terms and conditions. To the point where you do not need to stress, because the advocate has done it a thousand times.
7. And the best part is you do not pay any extra for his services, just the normal fee for service to the agent.
If this does not get you thinking about using an advocate, I will be surprised.
Also, if you would like a copy of the book ‘The 7 Deadly Sins when selling your property’ as an eBook or hard copy, please email me to email@example.com with your preference and I will get one to you asap.
Till next time
Warm regards, Bertram